Lords Of Liberty Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegister

Red Rings 4 me

Go down 
+6
Krayzie13
erikks
Kapryx
Sw33t Kill3r
Playboy X
Nikoteen Bellic
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime07/04/08, 12:15 am

Yeah, it happend. April 6th, 11:00 pm. My xbox let me down again. Just like always Microsoft is there to repair, but it's not the same anymore. This is my 7th repair, yeah, 7th!!! If it's not red rings, it's the disc tray. I don't mind getting it fixed for free, but thats only if its getting fixed. I've had a xbox core system since the day the system was released and thats what they "repair" and send back to me. I want an elite god damnit, and shouldn't have to pay for one because my previous xbox investment turned shit. Don't get me wrong, I love the xbox community, but the hardware reliability sucks. Good thing is I bought a back up 360 last time mine broke.
Back to top Go down
http://nikoteenbellic.tripod.com/
Playboy X
Crew Member
Playboy X

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime07/04/08, 12:50 am

Damn man that sucks. Mine has busted twice and so far it's holding up finally. Think you can make the launch of GTA?
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime07/04/08, 01:16 am

My back up system should, but it has no warranty and dosnt work all that great. Worst comes to worst, I'll buy an elite.
Back to top Go down
Sw33t Kill3r
Crew Member
Sw33t Kill3r

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime07/04/08, 06:38 am

Phone up Microsoft and say you want some compensation for your troubles. An Elite. Its worked before.
Back to top Go down
Kapryx
Crew Member
Kapryx

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime08/04/08, 01:43 pm

Damn...I'm hoping this never happens to me at least before the 29th. Sorry to hear that, bro.
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime08/04/08, 01:49 pm

Yeah, I can't believe 7 times! The repairs are obviously not working and I'm losing faith. It would save microsoft money to just send me an elite, instead of shipping my system across country and back every 2 months! I wonder what the most repairs done on one account is? It can't be to much more than 7. I'm gonna check on overnighting it, cus I need my system back for GTA.
The backup system I'm using now works, but the disc try only opens 1 out of 50 tires, so I don't want to open it much, in case I'm forced to play GTA on this!
Back to top Go down
Playboy X
Crew Member
Playboy X

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime08/04/08, 03:37 pm

Nikoteen Bellic wrote:
Yeah, I can't believe 7 times! The repairs are obviously not working and I'm losing faith. It would save microsoft money to just send me an elite, instead of shipping my system across country and back every 2 months! I wonder what the most repairs done on one account is? It can't be to much more than 7. I'm gonna check on overnighting it, cus I need my system back for GTA.
The backup system I'm using now works, but the disc try only opens 1 out of 50 tires, so I don't want to open it much, in case I'm forced to play GTA on this!

Yea I wish they would fix their flaws. 360 is so close to being a flawless system. If mine had broken 7 times I would have given up on it. haha. I'm getting a PS3 soon so I won't have to worry about it tearing up.
Back to top Go down
erikks
Crew Member
erikks

Number of posts : 5

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime10/04/08, 02:53 pm

My 360 is problem free. I've owned several of them and have never had one crap out or turn red. Actually, one of my 360's runs 8 hours a day 7 days a week and has yet to have a problem.

Knock on wood...
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime13/04/08, 09:50 am

Well, I was told that the situation has been escalated and I would get a call from a repair and replacement agent. The shipping box arrived, but no call from agent. I called xbox back and they said not to send my system in until the replacement agent called. I hope I can get a system that works! And if they have to repair mine, I will try to get it over nighted... If i ever get the call..
Back to top Go down
Krayzie13
Crew Member
Krayzie13

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime13/04/08, 03:09 pm

hopefully you will be fine before gta 4 releases. if all else fails, get an elite
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime14/04/08, 08:32 am

Krayzie13 wrote:
hopefully you will be fine before gta 4 releases. if all else fails, get an elite

Yeah, It looks like that cold be what happens.. The Xbox rep. said they don't replace systems with new, even after 7 repairs. He also said theres no way I could pay to speed up the process. If I'm lucky I'll get it back on the 28th.
My other xbox does work, but has a good chance of scratching/ruining my discs. So, I might be looking for a new system. Didn't I see a post somehwere about a GTAIV Elite, kinda like the halo3 elite?
Back to top Go down
Havok24691
Crew Member
Havok24691

Number of posts : 33

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime14/04/08, 11:45 am

Yeah i've had loads of trouble with mine, and just for safety reasons my cousin has said he will give me £300 for an elite if my xbox breaks before gta... man i love him
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/havok_jro
Sw33t Kill3r
Crew Member
Sw33t Kill3r

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime14/04/08, 12:53 pm

That is really awesome of your cousin. Also Niko, the Elite is only about £250 after the price drop, or ask MS for one for all of your troubles.
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime14/04/08, 04:05 pm

Sw33t Kill3r wrote:
That is really awesome of your cousin. Also Niko, the Elite is only about £250 after the price drop, or ask MS for one for all of your troubles.

I tried and tried, but they won't budge. They swear up and down that the repair will replace all the inside hardware, but I think it's bull. 7 repairs, and I take damn good care of my system! I just hope I get it back before the 28th, or yeah, I will buy an elite.
Back to top Go down
FearEngine676
Crew Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime16/04/08, 02:39 am

Damn that sucks to hear about xbox failing cuze now im gonna be thinking about it till release, at least I havent had 360
problems before, except for it getting stolen right after I got it two weeks after its release date, and it took forever to
finally get one again.
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime19/04/08, 05:46 am

Alright, I just got my 360 back from repairs, I must say that xbox does show thier value as a customer. Even thogh their early hardware was funky, they are paying the price for agents that see your repair through. I told them I would be be pissed if my box wasnt back in time for GTA (wich I thought was impossible) but here I sit with my xbox 10 days still to go..
Back to top Go down
Sw33t Kill3r
Crew Member
Sw33t Kill3r

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime19/04/08, 09:15 am

Nice. So your all set for the release?
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime19/04/08, 11:24 am

Yep, all ready for the 29th, xbox even sent a month of gold wich is good, cus mine was about to expire.
Back to top Go down
Sw33t Kill3r
Crew Member
Sw33t Kill3r

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime19/04/08, 12:03 pm

That is extremely nice of them.
Back to top Go down
Krayzie13
Crew Member
Krayzie13

Number of posts : 38

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime19/04/08, 02:16 pm

good. I am happy for you that you got ur xbox back in time. i dont know what we would do without our leader. now all we have to do now is wait for 9 days or so
Back to top Go down
Kapryx
Crew Member
Kapryx

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime19/04/08, 07:49 pm

Son of a fucking bitch! My system is giving me 'Unplayable Disc' messages and I don't have a warranty for Microsoft to fix it. I'm going to go to Wal-Mart to see if a DVD cleaner will help it. I hope it works....Sad
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime19/04/08, 10:58 pm

Aw shit, I've had that before and sent my system in for repairs. But it said unplayable disc on every game and dvd.
Good luck, if it dosnt work, call microsoft and tell them you got the red rings, they should renew your warranty or somthing.
Back to top Go down
Kapryx
Crew Member
Kapryx

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime20/04/08, 01:38 am

Well I tried the DVD cleaner and I think it's pretty much a goner. Oh well, I'm going to see if I can get an Elite by the end of the month(paydays rock!).

I got a question though....I just got a new subscription of Xbox Live Gold and I was wondering will I still have my Xbox Live Gold on the new machine? I'm not sure how that works.
Back to top Go down
Nikoteen Bellic
Founder/Boss
Nikoteen Bellic

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime20/04/08, 10:49 am

Your gold membership will stay on your account, so no matter what console your on, your profile will have gold.
Back to top Go down
Kapryx
Crew Member
Kapryx

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime21/04/08, 05:10 pm

Okay, got an Elite today, so I'm all set for next Tuesday. Again.

Hopefully nothing else happens this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Rings 4 me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Rings 4 me   Red Rings 4 me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Rings 4 me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lords Of Liberty Forums :: Topics :: Random Things-
Jump to: